The BVBIA–Great Plains Mini’s camp is an eight-week program for ages 4-8. This program is designed to introduce young children to soccer, teaching them the basics and some key components appropriate for this age group. Most importantly, the Mini’s camp is designed to help young children fall in love with the game. Many of the drills involve fun soccer-related games to slowly and steadily teach key components in an entertaining and engaging way.
Through these soccer-related games and drills, we emphasize basic soccer techniques including the proper way to control and pass the ball, dribbling techniques, and how to perform various moves appropriate at this level. We go above and beyond to teach the proper speed and agility techniques to help children grow as athletes on and off the pitch. Techniques such as band and parachute training will be utilized to take this part of the program to the next level in a challenging yet fun and exciting way. Shooting drills and games will be incorporated and sessions will also include scrimmages to allow the youngsters to experience the game itself.
We understand that at this age it is important to keep young minds entertained while providing a safe and comfortable environment. To that end, we work hard in every session to get to know each and every player, and connect with them on a personal level. We also understand that consistency is key for our young ones, so our sessions are designed with continuity to better enhance your child's experience.
Participants will need to bring a Size 3 ball to every session. Shin guards and cleats are optional and a water bottle is encouraged.
Coach Rebecca Nye, Director of the BVBIA-GP Mini’s Program
The Registration "Mini B's " is not currently available.
• NSCAA Advanced National Diploma-Coaching "B" License
• NSCAA National Diploma- Coaching "C" License
• USSF D License
• Jambars FC/BVBIA-Great Plains Mini Director 2017-present
• Body Boutique Soccer Programming Coach 2015-2017
• Sporting Kaw Valley Coach 2006-2015
• Sporting Kay Valley Age Group Director 2013-2015
• Sporting Kaw Valley Co-Director of the All Girls Academy 2012-2013
• Sporting Kaw Valley Tournament Director 2008-2009
• Washburn University and University of Colima, Mexico soccer alumni
• University of Kansas Bachelors degree in Sports Science and an emphasis in Pre-Physical Therapy
• University of Missouri-Kansas City Masters degree in Romance Languages